Reporting it Right
Reporting it Right guidelines for portraying people with a disability
The Reporting it Right guidelines have been developed to assist journalists and communications professionals to portray people with a disability both sensitively and appropriately.
The guidelines have been developed in consultation with people with a disability, and representatives from the media, communications, disability and health sectors.
The guidelines and a three minute checklist are available below in an interactive and Word format.
- Media guidelines checklist (PDF 65.6 KB)
- Media guidelines interactive (PDF 3.3 MB)
- Media guidelines standard (PDF 9.2 MB)
- Media guidelines (doc 34.4 KB)
- Media guidelines checklist (doc 14.6 KB)