Indigenous Family Violence Primary Prevention Framework
This framework meets the commitment made to develop an Indigenous specific prevention framework for family violence identified in Strong Culture, Strong Peoples, Strong Families: Towards a safer future for Indigenous families and communities Ten Year Plan.
The framework is designed to support:
- Aboriginal family violence primary prevention capacity building
- effective, sustainable activities
- ownership and leadership within Aboriginal communities.
The framework also provides evidence of the range of community led initiatives that are contributing toward the prevention of family violence in Aboriginal communities in Victoria.
The framework is a resource for Aboriginal communities to guide the development and evaluation of prevention initiatives. It is also a tool for mainstream organisations and government partners who may be working or be intending to work in the prevention of Aboriginal family violence.
- Indigenous Family Violence Primary Prevention Framework (doc 166.5 KB)
- Indigenous Family Violence Primary Prevention Framework (PDF 1.3 MB)