What are the advantages of good recruitment?
Allocating appropriate time and resources to select the right person for the role is likely to have many positive effects:
- Good employees have a higher retention rate.
- High performing employees provide superior client service generating higher client satisfaction.
- More capable employees are confident and able to cope with multiple tasks and adapt more quickly to new roles.
- Capable employees work well in a team and need less attention from management. Once they commence work they will require fewer hours of hands-on supervision.
- High performing employees will be interested in ongoing learning and self development.
- Good employees will most likely have more and better ideas that improve productivity and work practices.
- Good employees can inspire and develop other staff.
The material on this page has been adapted from information created by the Department of Human Services Human Resources Branch.
Supported by the Community Sector Investment Fund (external link - opens in a new window).