Community sector workforce capability framework tool kit
The community sector workforce capability framework describes the broad capabilities required by people in community service organisations. It is particularly useful to smaller organisations that do not have a dedicated human resource team.
The capability framework can be used by community sector leaders to:
- align staff capability to the strategic business needs of the organisation
- assist with a range of human resource functions including
- job design
- recruitment and selection
- performance management and development
- career planning.
The capability framework can be used by community sector managers to:
- identify the capabilities required of their people
- identify the capabilities required of themselves as managers
- develop selection criteria when filling positions
- address staff development needs during staff performance discussions
- support individual career planning
- form the basis of discussions with external training providers about course outcomes to be incorporated into current and future courses.
The capability framework can be used by people in community service organisations to:
- understand the capabilities required to work at their current level
- understand the capabilities required to work at a different level
- identify opportunities for development during staff performance discussions
- identify any gaps in skills, knowledge and behaviours that need addressing
- provide a guide during career planning discussions
- provide volunteers with a framework of capabilities required for a particular role
- provide evidence of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) when applying for entry into courses.