Australian Qualifications Framework
The Australian Qualifications Framework defines all nationally recognised qualifications. The vast majority of Australian qualifications are national, a few are state registered. The Australian Qualifications Framework provides a single framework for all qualifications from Certificate I to PhD.
The Australian Qualifications Framework:
- Provides nationally consistent recognition of outcomes achieved in post compulsory education.
- Provides flexible pathways which assist people to move between education and training sectors and between those sectors and the labour market.
- Encourages individuals to progress through the levels of education and training by improving access to qualifications and clearly defining avenues for achievement.
- Encourages the provision of vocational education and training through qualifications that meet workplace requirements and vocational needs.
- Promotes national and international recognition of qualifications offered in Australia.
The material on this page has been adapted from the Home and Community Care (HACC) Community Care Worker Human Resources Kit 2007 (external link - opens in a new window).
Supported by the Community Sector Investment Fund (external link - opens in a new window).