These procurement resources aim to support knowledge development and sharing between Community Service Organisations to enhance organisational sustainability, viability and efficiency in procurement.
Links to procurement policies and resources from the Victorian Government Purchasing Board, other Government bodies and organisations have been provided. Although many are sourced from Government, Community Service Organisations could adapt these to suit their needs or use them as a guide to the development of procurement processes in their organisation.
Information has been included on Whole of Victorian Government contracts including the process for eligible Community Service Organisations to access the Whole of Victorian Government contracts.
Also included are links to other offers and suppliers for Community Service Organisations. It is the responsibility of Community Service Organisations to investigate whether these meet their needs and we acknowledge that there are many more that we have not covered. Refer to the Department of Human Services disclaimer notice for details about using information on the Departments websites.
These resources are supported by the Community Sector Investment Fund, which was established to invest in initiatives and infrastructure that support efficiency and sustainability in the non-government sector. They have been developed in collaboration with Community Service Organisations and Government representatives with expertise in procurement.
Whole of Victorian Government contracts
- Accessing Whole of Victorian Government contractsProvides information on accessing Whole of Victorian Government contracts. The Victorian Government has negotiated a range of favourable Whole of Victorian Government contracts for the purchase of goods and services. Eligible Community Service Organisations may be able to access the benefits of some of these contracts.
How else can you make savings?
- Buying groups Lists some buying groups and online purchasing systems offering access to contracts and discounts to Community Service Organisations.
- Directories of suppliers and products relevant to Community Service OrganisationsLinks to suppliers and products relevant to Community Service Organisations.
What policies, processes and strategies could you use?
- Guide to the procurement processInformation about the procurement process for small to large purchases. Includes links to a guide and checklist.
- Procurement principlesProvides information on procurement principles
- Procurement planningProvides information on procurement planning
- Tenders and quotationsLinks to information about the preparation of bid documents.
- Evaluation, selection and approval of purchasesProvides information on evaluating, selecting and approviing purchases
- Contract management Provides information on contract management
- Brokerage to obtain goods and servicesProvides information on brokerage services. Brokerage in procurement can result in better deals.
- Environmental procurementProvides information on environmental / green procurement
- Group purchasingInformation about Community Service Organisation Networks.
Supported by the Community Sector Investment Fund (external link - opens in a new window).