Managing pooled vehicles
When vehicles are pooled, it is important to implement procedures for vehicle management and responsibility for such tasks should be delegated to appropriate staff.
Following is a list of areas to consider when implementing policies and procedures for pooled vehicle management:
- vehicle cleanliness
- servicing and maintenance
- vehicle security
- vehicle booking, assignment and return
- accident and emergency procedures
- driver licencing and traffic infringements
- vehicle problem reporting
- registration and insurance
- personal vehicle use
- vehicle usage policies, for example fuel, garaging and private use.
Accompanying documentation for vehicle trips should include:
- logbook or log sheets
- fuel card
- contact telephone numbers
- accident procedures and other relevant instructions.
Vehicle log sheets should be completed with the following details for each trip:
- start and end dates and times
- start and end odometer readings
- number of business or private kilometres driven
- driver's full name.
Supported by the Community Sector Investment Fund (external link - opens in a new window).