Community transport services
There are several community transport schemes operating in Victoria enabling vehicles to be shared between organisations and hired out to groups and individuals.
Programs such as the Eastern Transport Register maintain a database of vehicles available for hire locally from registered organisations. Advantages include:
- online vehicle search and booking system
- centralised management of vehicle booking and register
- insurance excess cover in the case of an accident
- access to specialised vehicles equipped for people with disabilities
- access to a pool of volunteer drivers
- opportunities for driver training
- sharing resources and knowledge.
Following are community transport programs operating in Victoria offering a range of services including hiring out of vehicles, access to vehicles and drivers and trip sharing:
Supported by the Community Sector Investment Fund (external link - opens in a new window).