NRMA advises drivers to stop and check immediately if:
- a warning light remains on
- unusual vibrations or noises occur
- temperature gauge reads hot
- oil pressure gauge reads low
- vehicle wanders or steers to one side
- braking is abnormal.
NRMA advises drivers to get a vehicle checked by a mechanic if it:
- uses more fuel or oil than usual
- is difficult to start
- runs roughly
- leaves oil or coolant on garage floor
- blows smoke.
Supported by the Community Sector Investment Fund (external link - opens in a new window).