Vehicle owner and service manuals specify maintenance tasks and servicing requirements including:
- tyre pressure and frequency of rotation required
- type of engine oil to use
- warranty and service information.
Even when a vehicle is under warranty and regularly serviced, there are maintenance tasks and checks an owner can perform. It is important to note that scheduled servicing by mechanics may not include all basic checks so it is worth asking what is included and requesting any not included be done at the same time.
- Checking a vehicleInformation about periodic checks that vehicle owners can make.
- Warning signsInformation about warning signs that your vehicle may require maintenance.
- Logbooks and recordsInformation about log books and records.
Supported by the Community Sector Investment Fund (external link - opens in a new window).