Accidents and claims
To ensure smooth processing of claims when an accident occurs:
- Notify the police if a person has been injured or killed or if there is damage to property or livestock and the owner is not at the scene.
- Contact the insurance company immediately if possible – many have 24 hour telephone services to assist with organising towing and lodging a claim.
- At the scene of the accident record:
- make and model, registration number and insurance company of other vehicles
- contact details and licence numbers for other drivers
- details of anyone injured
- details of witnesses
- details of other property damaged.
- Do not leave the vehicle unattended.
If a conflict with an insurance company is unable to be resolved, contact the Financial Ombudsman Service on 1300 780 808.
Supported by the Community Sector Investment Fund (external link - opens in a new window).