Travelsmart is an initiative asking people to make voluntary changes to their travel choices to decrease greenhouse emissions, climate change, pollution and infrastructure costs; and for better health. Government TravelSmart information advises that successful energy-efficient fleet management depends on:
- an annual review process aimed at reducing fleet size and maximising vehicle use
- selecting the most appropriate, energy efficient vehicle for the task.
Travelsmart also advocates the following tools to support best practice fleet management:
- a policy on transport management
- management support and cost structures for the operation of the fleet
- a flexible pool of cars to maximise sharing of vehicles
- minimal home garaging
- driver training.
Access detailed fleet management strategies provided by Travelsmart:
Supported by the Community Sector Investment Fund (external link - opens in a new window).