Round table reporting
In March 2010, Round Table Reporting was implemented by the departments regions. Round Table Reporting was a key recommendation that evolved from a project Improving the Way we Work with Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations. The aims are to:
- Provide ACCOs with an opportunity to talk strategically and holistically about their organisation and community, rather than only service provision.
- Improve the consistency and quality of information being reported by ACCOs and provide/receive feedback.
- Reduce the administrative burden on ACCOs by using the meetings to address and replace some current reporting requirements.
Key feedback from regional visits during April 2011 - July 2011 highlights that:
- Round table reporting is being received positively in all regions and with ACCOs.
- Round table reporting has provided a platform for strengthening relationships between senior departmental and ACCO staff.
- Meetings are tailored to the needs of each ACCO and largely focus on strategic discussions inclusive of information sharing, issue resolution and planning discussions about flexible funding opportunities.
- Whilst round table reporting is currently not reducing the administration and reporting burden on ACCOs, some regions have commenced internal work to identify how existing meetings with ACCOs may be streamlined.
Further information on the Simplifying Funding and Reporting for Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations initiative can be obtained by contacting the Lead Negotiator for your service agreement within your local regional Department of Human Services or Department of Health branch.
- Human Services guidelines: round table reporting with Aboriginal community controlled organisations [Word, 122.5 KB - opens in a new window]This document provides a framework for regions to implement round table Reporting with Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations.
- Health guidelines: round table reporting with Aboriginal community controlled organisations [Word, 222.0 KB - opens in a new window]This document provides a framework for regions to implement round table reporting with Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations.
- Round table reporting pilot project 2009 [Word, 74.5 KB - opens in a new window]Information about the round table reporting project pilot in the North and West Metropolitan Region. This project was a response to a recommendation from the Department of Human Services project 'Improving the way we work with Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations'.
- Review of round table reporting pilot project 2009 [Word, 59.5 KB - opens in a new window]This report provides a summary of the findings and offers recommendations for improvement of the round table reporting process trialled in 2008-09 in the Loddon Mallee and North and West Metropolitan Regions.
- Human Services: principles of good practice in Aboriginal affairs [Word, 279.0 KB - opens in a new window]Principles to be used in central and regional offices in the funding, development and implementation of programs and policies in Aboriginal affairs, in collaboration with the Aboriginal community.