Disability Self-Help Grants
The Victorian Government’s commitment to supporting people with a disability and their families is reflected in the provision of non-recurrent operating grants of up to $10,000 over two years for disability self-help groups.
Disability self-help grants are available to assist disability self-help groups in financing general expenses, minor works and equipment.
Grants of up to $10,000 are available to assist self-help groups to:
- strengthen the capacity of people with a disability to live independently in their own community and actively participate in community activities
- support members to make informed decisions about their own lives
- encourage a network of community peer support and information exchange for people with a disability and their families/carers
- increase opportunities for self help groups to provide information and education on the experiences of people with a disability.
Disability self-help grants are allocated for a two-year period.
All applications must be made on the application form that is part of the Disability self-help grant guidelines which is available to download below.
Applications for the 2015–17 funding round closed on Wednesday 21 October 2015.
For more information please read the Disability self-help grant guidelines below.
Or alternatively, you can email Disability.Selffirstname.lastname@example.org or phone the department’s Community Inclusion Unit on (03) 9096 9747.
- Disability self-help grants guidelines 2015-17 (Word 247.0 KB)
Disability self-help grant guidelines and application form for 2015-17 grants.