Private renter assistance

The following programs are designed to assist those currently renting privately or who wish to enter the private rental market:

Commonwealth Rent Assistance

If you are currently in the private rental market, you may be eligible for Rent Assistance from the Commonwealth Government. For information on eligibility requirements, payment rates and how to claim for Rent Assistance, please visit the Centrelink website.

Bond Loan Scheme

If you would like to rent a private dwelling but need assistance paying a bond, you may be eligible for a Bond Loan.

Consumer Affairs Victoria

Consumer Affairs Victoria can assist you with your enquiries about renting a property. Their website includes useful guides and information for those in the private rental market. Visit the Consumer Affairs Victoria website for more information.

National Rental Affordability Scheme

Through the National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS), the Victorian Government will fund up to 8,500 new affordable rental dwellings for low and moderate income Victorians. Prospective tenants should contact the tenancy manager of the appropriate agency to register their interest.

Rental Report

The Department's quarterly Rental Report provides information and statistics on the private rental market in Victoria

Request more information about this topic.

For more information:

Are you looking for...?

Service Directory

Search the site