Housing & Accommodation

Information for anyone wanting to know about housing in Victoria, including homelessness or crisis, moving into or staying in private rental, advice for home owners and buyers, current public housing tenants and potential social housing tenants.

Latest News and Events

Start here for housing and accommodation services

An overview of housing and accommodation-related services and support offered by or overseen by the Department of Human Services.


Information for people experiencing homelessness and wishing to find support services or to apply for public housing.

Private renter assistance

A range of programs or schemes designed to assist those currently renting privately or who wish to enter the private rental market.

Home owner support

Information for home owners needing assistance in mortgage relief and housing opportunities for independent living such as movable units and group self build.

Shared supported accommodation

The Shared Supported Accommodation program aims to provide high-quality, supported housing in the community. Accommodation is usually offered in shared housing with up to five other people with disabilities.

Community housing

The department works directly in partnership with not-for-profit registered housing agencies that develop, own and manage rental housing for people on low incomes.

Public housing

Public housing services for low-income Victorians and people in need, especially those who have been made homeless and need support. Includes information on applying for and living in public housing.

Feedback, complaints and appeals

The department treats all complaints seriously. If you are unhappy with a housing-related service that you have received, you can lodge a complaint.

Service Directory

Search the site