Ambulance travel

Concession cardholders are eligible for free clinically necessary road and air ambulance transport anywhere in Australia in an emergency or on the recommendation of an appropriate health professional.

The current holders of the following cards are eligible for concessions:

  • Pensioner Concession Card (excluding dependents and spouses)
  • Health Care Card (excluding holders of a Health Care Card for Carer Allowance and Foster Care issued in the name of the child) and their dependents, including spouses as listed on the Card (in circumstances where the dependent is the patient). 
  • a child holding a current Child Disability Health Care Card or Foster Care Health Care Card, but not their guardians/families as listed on the Card
  • a child under a Custody to Secretary Order
  • a child under a Guardianship to Secretary Order
  • Veterans’ Affairs Gold or White Card holders (subject to the conditions of the card).

Please note that concession benefits do not apply to some transports. 

How to apply

Please advise the ambulance paramedic of your concession card number. Your concession card must be valid on the date of travel or when an invoice is received.

More information

Please contact Ambulance Victoria on (03) 9840 3500 or visit to understand your concession. 
Request more information about this topic.

For more information:

Contact us.

Service Directory

Search the site