- Home Owner & Renter Support
- Disability Financial Support
- Funding and Grants - Disability
- Carer Support
- Application Forms
Non-Mains Energy Concession
The Non-Mains Energy Concession assists cardholders who rely on liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), firewood or heating oil for domestic heating, cooking or hot water, or who access non-mains electricity via an embedded network, or who rely on a generator. Special conditions apply for the firewood concession.
All non-mains energy costs are covered from 1 January to 31 December each year. The amount of the rebate depends on the annual amount of each non-mains energy source purchased.
The rebate amount for 2016 on each utility is as follows:
- $47 for spending from $100 to $267.99
- $140 for spending from $268 to $805.99
- $235 for spending from $806 to $1340.99
- $335 for spending from $1341 to $1913.99
- $428 for spending from $1914 to $2448.99
- $521 for spending $2449 or more.
Rebates are reviewed each year.
The Non-Mains Energy Concession fact sheet is available to download on this site.
You must hold at least one of the following concession cards:
Holders of a Health Care Card for Carer Allowance and Foster Care issued in the name of the child are not eligible. Holders of Veterans' Affairs Gold Cards marked 'Dependent' are not eligible.
How to apply
Application forms are available from LP Gas suppliers, local councils, caravan park proprietors, by contacting the Concessions Information Line on 1800 658 521, or can be downloaded from the link below.
Frequently asked questions
- Can I still get a rebate for LP gas?
- Can I submit more than one claim?
- How many times can I apply for the non-mains energy concession?
- I have a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, do I qualify for the non-mains energy concession?
- If I'm connected via mains for gas and electricity, am I eligible?
- Is the non-mains energy concession available on my holiday home?
- When will I receive my non-mains energy rebate?
Contact the Victorian Concessions Information Line on 1800 658 521.