- Home Owner & Renter Support
- Disability Financial Support
- Funding and Grants - Disability
- Carer Support
- Application Forms
The Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) offers a variety of concessions and benefits to eligible cardholders to assist low-income Victorians with energy bills. If you have a relevant concession card, you may be eligible for one of these concessions.
Eligible concession cards
- Annual Electricity Concession
The Annual Electricity Concession provides concession cardholders with a discount off household electricity bills all year round.
- Winter Gas Concession
The Winter Gas Concession provides concession cardholders with a discount off mains gas bills from 1 May to 31 October of each year.
- Service to Property Charge Concession
The Service to Property Charge Concession provides a reduction on the electricity supply charge for concession households with low electricity consumption.
- Non-Mains Energy Concession
The Non-Mains Energy Concession is an annual rebate for eligible cardholders who use LPG for domestic heating or cooking, and/or are individually metered for electricity but who pay a caravan park or accommodation proprietor.
- Medical Cooling Concession
The Medical Cooling Concession provides a 17.5 per cent discount off electricity costs over a six month period from 1 November to 30 April for concession cardholders with multiple sclerosis and other qualifying medical conditions such as Parkinson's disease, fibromyalgia and motor neuron disease. The Medical Cooling Concession is given in addition to the Annual Electricity Concession.
- Controlled Load Electricity Concession
The Controlled Load Electricity Concession provides a 13 per cent reduction on controlled load usage charges on electricity bills.
- Life Support Concession
The Life Support Concession provides a quarterly discount on electricity bills where a cardholder or member of cardholder's household uses certain life support machines, such as an oxygen concentrator or haemodialysis machine.
- Electricity Transfer Fee Waiver
The Electricity Transfer Fee Waiver provides a full waiver of the fee that is normally payable to the electricity retailers when there is a change of occupancy at a property.
- Excess Electricity Concession
The Excess Electricity Concession provides concessions to very high users of electricity.
- Excess Gas Concession
The Excess Gas Concession provides concessions to very high users of gas.
Frequently asked questions
- Can I still get a rebate for LP gas?
- Can I submit more than one claim?
- Do I need to get my doctor's OK to apply for the medical cooling concession?
- Do I need to sign and date the form as well?
- Energy - frequently asked questions
- For the Controlled Load Electricity Concession, how much of a discount am I entitled to?
- For the electricity transfer fee waiver, what am I entitled to?
- For the Winter Gas Concession, how much of a discount am I entitled to?
- How do I get the concession on my controlled load electricity bill?
- How do I get the concession on my supply bill?
- How many times can I apply for the non-mains energy concession?
- How much is the medical cooling concession?
- I have a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, do I qualify for the medical cooling concession?
- I have a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, do I qualify for the non-mains energy concession?
- I suffer from a condition which affects my ability to regulate my temperature. What are my entitlements?
- If I'm connected via mains for gas and electricity, am I eligible?
- Is the non-mains energy concession available on my holiday home?
- When will I receive my non-mains energy rebate?
- Where do I send my form to apply for the medical cooling concession?
- Who should I contact if I'm unsure of my entitlement to this concession?