Individual Support Packages
What is an Individual Support Package
Individual Support Packages are funds that are allocated to a person to meet their disability related support needs. The funds may be used to buy a range of disability-related supports chosen by the person to assist them to achieve their goals. The funding may complement existing informal support arrangements from family and friends and/or generally available community services.
People can receive help from a facilitator to bring together the important people in their life, such as family, friends or advocates, to think about and document the supports that are needed and how they should be provided.
Individual Support Packages enable people with a disability to:
- Direct the planning process to the greatest extent possible and make their own choices about how they wish to live their life
- Plan in a way that respects the needs of family members and carers and their role in the person's life
- Be assisted to identify goals and the way these can be achieved
- Explore supports that are flexible and wide-ranging
- Be included and fully participate in community life.
What can the Individual Support Packages be used for
Individual Support Packages may assist people with a disability to continue living in the community by providing a range of supports to:
- Maintain independence
- Keep living in their own home
- Move to more independent living arrangements
- Learn new skills
- Participate in the local community.
Individual Support Package Handbook
Detailed information about Individual Support Packages is available on the Individual Support Package Handbook webpage on this site.
Who can get assistance
You can register your need for an Individual Support Package on the Disability Support Register if you meet the criteria as determined under the Disability Act 2006.
Refer to Applying for ongoing disability support on this site.
How to get assistance
Contact your regional Disability Intake and Response Service to find out more information about this program and how to apply.
- Individual support packages - frequently asked questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Disability Services' individual support packages.