- Self-Directed Support
- Individual Support Packages
- Help Living at Home
- Community Life and Jobs
- Aids & Equipment
- Specialist Services
- Carer and Family Support
- National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Your Rights
Community life and jobs
Being part of my community
The Department of Human Services is a Victorian Government department that funds a range of services and supports that can assist people with a disability to become more independent and participate in their local community.
These services and supports recognise that people with a disability have different community needs, depending on their age, disability, support needs, cultural and linguistic background and where they live.
The department works in partnership with community organisations, local councils and other government agencies to provide services across the following areas:
- Post-school transition support - Supporting young people with a disability to transition from high school to adult life including pathways to further education, training and employment
- Day Services - provides the opportunity to learn new skills and participate in the community.
- Community involvement - making communities more inclusive of people with a disability.
- Cultural and Linguistic Diversity (CALD) - a range of resources to support Victoria’s multicultural communities.
- Video Remote Interpreting service - provides sign (Auslan) and spoken language interpreting over the internet.
Want to obtain support?
The department can assist you to get the supports you need to enable you to fulfil your plans for the future.
These supports may be funded by the department or available in your local community. Contact your Disability Intake and Response Service for advice and information.