Community life and jobs
Being part of my community
This section offers information on supports that may assist you to become more independent and encourage you to participate in your local community.
The following supports are funded by the Department of Human Services and are provided in partnership with agencies and other funded organisations or managed by regional staff of the Department of Human Services.
- Transitioning to employment - providing support to young people with a disability who want to pursue further education, training and employment through Transition to Employment and Futures for Young Adults.
- Day Services - provides the opportunity to learn new skills and participate in the community.
- Community involvement - making communities more inclusive of people with a disability.
- Cultural and Linguistic Diversity (CALD) - a range of resources to support Victoria’s multicultural communities.
- Video Relay Interpreting Service - provides sign (Auslan) and spoken language interpreting over the internet.
To obtain support
The department can assist you to get the supports you need to enable you to fulfil your plans for the future.
These supports may be funded by the department or available in your local community. Contact your Disability Intake and Response Service for advice and information.