Preparing for emergencies
Emergencies are an inevitable part of life. Emergencies, whether natural (such as bushfires, floods or storms earthquakes) or non-natural (such as chemical incidents, transport accidents or major criminal acts of violence), can occur in any community without warning.
Always be ready and make your self prepared for the unexpected things that happens. Planning is essential for anyone and every household should have an emergency plan to help prepare and recover from emergency which could be the result of any disaster such as bushfire, flood or other health pandemic.
Things to think about:
- Do you have access to your own reliable transport in order to evacuate?
- Do you have a family member, friend or neighbour who can help you if you need to evacuate?
- Are you physically able to look after yourself, should an emergency occur?
- Essential service disruption during emergencies
Fact sheets giving advice and information on dealing with the disruption of essential services during an emergency.
- Managing stress during emergencies
Information on how to manage stress and be prepared in an emergency.
Victorian Bushfire Information Line
Tel: 1800 240 667