Start here for children, families and young people
The Department of Human Services has a role across Government and in the community to sustain and improve outcomes for vulnerable children and young people and their families.
This section contains information and services that include:
- family services and early parenting support and programs that support families to care for their children
- child protection and other activities to widen opportunities for vulnerable children and young people to thrive and learn and reduce risks or threats to their safety or well-being
- family and placement services, including kinship care, residential care, foster care and other care arrangements
- information about adoption and permanent care
- support for vulnerable families, including those affected by violence and crime, including sexual assault
- youth justice and other programs and services to support young people.