Protecting Children Together
Every child has the right to live a full and productive life in an environment that builds confidence, friendship, security and happiness, irrespective of their family circumstances and background.
Developed in extensive consultation with a wide range of people involved in the delivery of services to Victoria's vulnerable children, young people and families, every child every chance is committed to ensuring that all our children and young people have access to nurturing and stimulating environments in which to grow and reach their full potential.
Placing children and youth first, the every child every chance reforms provide professionals working within the sector more effective processes to:
- listen to what children and young people want and need
- enable earlier intervention
- reduce child abuse and neglect
- provide better support to Aboriginal children, young people and their families
- work together in cooperation with other providers of children, young people and family services.
- Creating child friendly communities
Eight steps of the child friendly challenge, towards helping struggling families to do their best for their kids.
- Charter for children in out-of-home care
Information about the Charter for children in out of home care and resources designed to embed the charter into practice.