- Communication with Community Organisations
- Publications for Community Organisations
- Setting up a Not for Profit Organisation
- Workforce Capability Tools
- Community foundations
- Business and the community sector
- Governance for Community Organisations
- Strategic Business Planning
- Finance for Community Organisations
- Evaluation for Community Organisations
- Common Funding Agreement
Workforce capability tools
The Community Sector Workforce Capability Framework assists not for profit community organisations with the recruitment and retention of staff. The Framework has been designed to help both individuals and organisations to:
- improve the identification of skills and thus organisations needs now and into the future
- improve overall quality and effectiveness of service provision and improve client outcomes
- provide a greater capacity for professional development and learning
- provide better career pathways and recognition for employees
- promote enhanced and more flexible professional and management practice.
By using the Framework, people in community sector organisations will be able to develop flexible and transferrable skills that can be used across the whole sector. This will also allow for:
- cross sectoral career pathways
- movement between types of service delivery and types of clients
- more collaboration across different organisations.
- Workforce Capability Framework Tool Kit 1 July 2013 (PDF 1.4 MB)
Includes a description of the capabilities and personal attributes and how they might be used in performance appraisal, staff development and recruitment and selection.
- Workforce Capability Framework Tool Kit 1 July 2013 (Word 786.0 KB)
- Workforce Capability Framework for ACCO 1 July 2013 (PDF 552.4 KB)
The Workforce Capability Framework for Aboriginal community controlled organisations (ACCO) is a resource to assist in building and sustaining good workforce practices.
- Workforce Capability Framework for ACCO 1 July 2013 (Word 139.0 KB)