- Communication with Community Organisations
- Publications for Community Organisations
- Setting up a Not for Profit Organisation
- Workforce Capability Tools
- Community foundations
- Business and the community sector
- Governance for Community Organisations
- Strategic Business Planning
- Finance for Community Organisations
- Evaluation for Community Organisations
- Common Funding Agreement
Finance for community organisations
Community Sector Capacity Building is supporting the not for profit sector to attract alternative funding sources and diversify its income base.
The following two not for profit organisations have received funding from Community Sector Capacity Building and can assist community organisations who are looking at ways to build their asset bases.
Note that there are other banking organisations that can also assist community organisations with finance.
Foresters Community Finance
Foresters Community Finance (Foresters) is a community development finance institution that employs social/community finance and social investment strategies to service and support people, organisations and communities who have limited access to mainstream financial institutions.
Foresters provide finance to non-profit organisations and social enterprises as an alternative source of capital to assist in achieving their goals be that asset building or enterprise development. Asset building and enterprise development are ways in which non profit organisations and social enterprises can secure their financial future through asset ownership or building new and sustainable revenue streams.
With a long history in lending to non profit organisations and social enterprises, Foresters has well developed insights into the needs of community sector organisations and provides loans that are specifically tailored for, but not limited to - property purchase, refurbishment/extension, business development, equipment purchase, refinance.
- Foresters Community Finance (external site, opens in a new window)
- phone 07 3851 8000
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Finance Portal
The Community Finance Portal is a web-based portal developed by Foresters in partnership with other community finance providers. It provides information to community sector organisations, social enterprises, non-for- profit organisations and individuals about community finance and social investment.
The Community Finance Portal aims to provide:
- general information on community finance as well as case studies on organisations and individuals who have accessed community finance
- information on how to access finance and the different financial tools and resources available.
- Community Finance Portal (external site, opens in a new window)
The Community Finance Portal is supported by the Victorian Government.
Social Traders is a social enterprise development agency which aims to support and encourage the establishment of commercially viable social enterprises in Victoria and nationally.
Social Traders works with government, community, business and research partners to:
- Raise awareness about social enterprise and demonstrate its benefits
- open up markets for social enterprise products and services
- increase finance available to start and develop social enterprises
- build capacity of social enterprises to trade successfully through business development and other supports
- support the coordination of social enterprise development in Australia.
Social Traders is funded by the Victorian Government in partnership with a private philanthropic trust.
- Social Traders (external site, opens in a new window)