Victorian Premier's Volunteer Champions Awards
The broad array of volunteering that takes place in Victoria is inspiring and the Awards recognise Victorians who give their time and skills to better the lives of others and their community.
The Premier’s Volunteer Champions Awards celebrate and recognise the extraordinary contributions of all volunteers in Victoria, and the vital role they play in creating happier, healthier and well-connected communities.
Nominations closed 5pm, Tuesday 9 August 2016 with a record number of nominations received. Thank you to everyone who nominated.
About the Awards
To highlight the significant number of volunteers, and the variety and impact of volunteering effort across the state, up to 60 volunteers will be formally recognised across five categories.
The Award categories are:
- Change maker
The Premier’s Volunteer of the Year, Dame Elisabeth Murdoch Award, will be selected from Award recipients across the above categories.
- Judging and selection will take place throughout August and September.
- Award recipients will be announced in October 2016.
- Award recipients and their nominators will be invited to a celebration and ceremony on Sunday 4 December 2016 at Government House in Melbourne.
- The Premier's Volunteer of the Year, Dame Elisabeth Murdoch Award, will be announced at the Award ceremony in December 2016.
- Terms and conditions 2016 Volunteer Champions Awards
- National Police Check Consent Form
- National Police Check Information
- National Police Check Authorised Officers
- International Police Check Statutory Declaration
For more information on the Victorian Premier’s Volunteer Champions Awards, please contact:
Phone: 03 9096 1183
Fifty one outstanding Victorian volunteers were invited to Government House on 29 November 2015 and were formally recognised for their amazing contributions.
To see the full list of Award recipients download the Volunteer Champions Showcase. The Showcase also commemorates all of 2015’s nominees and highly commended shortlist.