- Young People in the Community
- Men in the Community
- In Your Neighbourhood
- People With a Disability in the Community
- Support Your Community
Victorian Disability Advisory Council (VDAC)
The Victorian Disability Advisory Council (the Council) was established in July 2007 under the Disability Act 2006. The Council provides advice to the Minister for Housing, Disability and Ageing, Martin Foley MP.
The Council advises on policies and strategies to increase the participation of people with a disability in the Victorian community. The Council also works with other community and government advisory groups to create opportunities for all Victorians.
The Council's main responsibilities are to provide advice to the Minister for Housing, Disability and Ageing about:
- Government policy directions, strategic planning and initiatives for people with a disability
- Strategies to remove barriers to full inclusion and participation in the community of people with a disability
- Any matter referred to the Council by the Minister.
- Effectively communicate with people with a disability, the Victorian Government and the wider community
- Raise community awareness of the rights of people with disability and the role of government, business and the wider community in promoting rights
- Consult and work with other disability advisory councils or similar bodies
- Monitor the implementation of strategies for promoting inclusion and participation for people with a disability in the community.
The Victorian Disability Advisory Council reports annually to the Minister on the performance of its functions.
Members are made up of people with a disability and carers of people with a disability who have experience in policy, governance, leadership and collaborations as it relates to disability.
The current council’s term of office will continue through to 30 June 2019.
Victorian Disability Advisory Council members
- Colleen Furlanetto (Chair)
- John Baxter
- Catherine Clark
- Joseph Connellan
- Melanie Eagle
- Daniel Giles
- Stephanie Gotlib
- Anne Kavanagh
- Jeffrey McNeill
- Jennifer Morris
- George Taleporos
Contact the Victorian Disability Advisory Council
C/- Office for Disability
GPO Box 4057
Level 17, 50 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne VIC 3001
Tel: 1300 880 043
TTY: (03) 13 36 77