- Young People in the Community
- Women in the Community
- Men in the Community
- In Your Neighbourhood
- People With a Disability in the Community
- Support Your Community
Victorian Disability Advisory Council (VDAC)
The Victorian Disability Advisory Council (VDAC) was established in July 2007. The council provides advice to the Minister for Community Services.
VDAC advises on policies and strategies to increase the participation of people with a disability in the Victorian community. The council also works with other community and government advisory groups to create opportunities for all Victorians.
Expressions of Interest – VDAC Board
Thank you for your interest in applying to be a member of the Victorian Disability Advisory Council (the Council).
The Council advises the Minister for Community Services on whole of government policies and programs that promote the participation of people with a disability in the community.
Expressions of interest are sought from Victorian residents who:
- have a disability or are the carer of a person with a disability
- have demonstrated high levels of performance in their fields of endeavour
- are highly regarded in their community.
The closing date for applications is 4.00pm Friday 22 March 2013
- Download the Information for Applicants kit
The Functions of the Victorian Disability Advisory Council are to:
- Provide advice to the Minister for Community Services about:
- Government policy directions, strategic planning and initiatives for people with a disability
- Strategies to remove barriers to full inclusion and participation in the community of people with a disability
- Any matter referred to the Council by the Minister.
- Effectively communicate with people with a disability, the Victorian Government and the wider community
- Raise community awareness of the rights of people with disability and the role of government, business and the wider community in promoting rights
- Consult and work with other disability advisory councils or similar bodies
- Monitor the implementation of strategies for promoting inclusion and participation for people with a disability in the community.
The Victorian Disability Advisory Council reports annually to the Minister on the performance of its functions.
The current council's term of office is from 1 July 2010 to 30 June 2013.
Contact the Victorian Disability Advisory Council
C/- Office for Disability
GPO Box 4057,
Level 24, 50 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne VIC 3001
Tel: 1300 880 043, or direct line (03) 9096 0019
Fax: (03) 9650 3812
TTY: (03) 9639 2417
- Information for applicants - Victorian Disability Advisory Council
- Victorian Disability Advisory Council member profiles