The 2017 Men’s Shed Funding Round is now open
$879,000 is now available for communities across Victoria, who can apply for funding to build a new shed or refurbish an existing shed through the Men's Shed Program
Men's sheds enhance the health and well being of both individuals and communities as a whole by reducing social isolation and promoting social inclusion.
New build grants of up to $60,000 are available to:
- construct a new men's shed
- redevelop an existing men's shed
- co-locate a men’s shed within a multifunction community facility or hub.
Refurbishment grants of up to $30,000 are available for:
- modifications to meet health and safety and/or disability access standards
- modifications to meet public access needs
- modifications to increase shed capacity
- refurbishments to expand activities based on community demand
Priority will be given to projects that:
- demonstrate a high level of need for the project in the community
- come from rural communities, communities that are experiencing economic and social change or Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander communities
- contain a clear strategic plan to sustain the operation of the shed as an inclusive community facility and address issues of social isolation
- represent considerable value for government investment
- will address significant disadvantage in the community.
Who can apply
Funding is available to incorporated not-for-profit organisations and local councils.
How to apply
The 2017 grant guidelines and application can be downloaded here:
To make an application, contact the department's Local Connections Team in your area to discuss your project. It is strongly recommended that you also seek advice from the Victorian Men’s Shed Association. Details are on page 11 of the guidelines.
An information session will be held on 11 April 2017. See page 12 of the guidelines for details.
Closing date for applications
Final applications must be submitted to the departments Local Connections Team in your area by 5pm Friday 16 June 2017.