Bushfire Recovery Wellness Voucher Program
Information for applicants
The Victorian Bushfire Appeal Fund Advisory Panel has allocated $1 million to establish the Bushfire Recovery Wellness Voucher Program. The program aims to assist people directly affected by the 2009 Victorian bushfires to access allied health services or complementary therapies that they feel will increase their wellbeing.
What does the program do?
The program provides for allied health and complementary therapy to each individual (including dependant children over five years of age) who has been directly affected by the 2009 Victorian bushfires. Successful applicants will be provided with four vouchers that can be used to see eligible treatment providers of their choice before 31 March 2013.
Additional rounds of four vouchers are available for people who have used up their previous entitlement and wish to continue their treatment.
The treatment provider must have a private health insurance provider number to be eligible to accept wellness vouchers for treatment in their area of qualification.
Each voucher is a $50 contribution towards the cost of one session of treatment and there may be a gap or co-payment required depending on the cost of treatment. The voucher does not cover the cost of products or goods recommended by the treatment provider.
The VBAF Panel has recently extended this program. Under the new arrangements, people have until 31 December 2012 to apply for vouchers, and until 31 March 2013 to redeem them.
Who is eligible for this program?
- People who have received grants paid by the Victorian Bushfire Appeal Fund
- People who have received Victorian Bushfire Case Management
- Dependant children (over five years of age) of people eligible for the above
- Other people who have been directly affected by the Victorian bushfires, for example, family and close friends of people affected by the bushfires and those people who have lost their livelihood directly through the effects of the bushfires
How does the program work?
The program has four steps.
- Complete the application form Wellness Vouchers Application Form (Word Size 411KB, Pages 6) and sign it in front of an authorised witness. People authorised to witness statutory declarations include lawyers, police, pharmacists, school principals, ministers of religion, bank managers, doctors, vets and Housing Services Officers.
- Receive your vouchers
- Make an appointment with an eligible treatment provider
- Attend your appointment, give the treatment provider your voucher and pay any gap in the scheduled rate.
Which service providers are eligible under this program?
Allied health practitioners and complementary therapists with a private health insurance provider number are eligible to accept wellness vouchers for treatment in their area of qualification.
How to register for the program
To register, please complete an application form, or telephone 1800 180 213. Parents or guardians may apply on behalf of children over five years of age. Young people may also apply independently if they wish.
Please send completed forms by mail to:
Victorian Bushfire Appeal Fund
GPO Box 4057
Or fax to: (03) 9092 1926
Further information is available through our information line on 1800 180 213.