Services by other organisations

New Browser Icon

Other departments or agencies offer services you may want. The Australian Department of Human Services is different from the Victorian Department of Health & Human Services (formerly the Department of Human Services and the Department of Health). To help you decide who to contact, look at the descriptions below. 

These include:

Aged care

Aged Care services in Victoria are managed and administered by the Department of Health & Human Services (formerly the Department of Health). The State Government’s aged care agenda is focused on addressing the special needs of older Victorians and ensuring its policies and programs recognise and reflect the diversity of older people’s lives.

Australian Department of Human Services


Centrelink delivers a range of payments and commonwealth services to the Australian community. Centrelink payments include pensions, allowances, supplements, assistance and support payments.

Commonwealth concessions

Commonwealth concessions include the Commonwealth Seniors Health Card and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme.


Medicare provides payments and services that can help when you, or someone you provide care for, use health care services or buy medicines.

Online digital services

The Australian Department of Human Services can give you secure online access to your accounts. Online services means you can get your Centrelink pension, allowance, Medicare or other details on your mobile phone or a computer, wherever you like. Register with them to get apps, and for self-service access.

Early childhood education

The Department of Education & Training provides an integrated approach to education. It delivers high quality early childhood development programs, a smooth transition for children entering the school system and beyond, and gives all Victorian children the best start in life.

Hospitals and Health Services

The Department of Health & Human Services (formerly the Department of Health and the Department of Human Services) Victoria is responsible for Hospital and Health Services, Mental Health, Aged Care and Drug and Alcohol related health concerns.

Mental health

Statutory responsibilities include regulation and monitoring, the development of policy and quality standards, workforce development, and the delivery and monitoring of specialist mental health and alcohol and other drug services. These are conducted by the Mental Health, Drugs and Regions division of the Department of Health & Human Services (formerly the Department of Health and the Department of Human Services). Programs are delivered in partnership with health service providers, non-government organisations, and other public sector agencies.


Parentline provides a statewide telephone counselling service to parents and carers of children aged from birth to eighteen years. Professional counsellors are able to explore a variety of issues that impact on parenting and relationships.

Working with Children Check

The Department of Justice and Regulation is responsible for the Working with Children Check (WWC) which helps to protect children from sexual or physical harm by checking a person's criminal history for serious sexual, serious violence or serious drug offences and the person’s history with specific professional disciplinary bodies for certain findings.

Request more information about this topic.

For more information:

Contact Us