Victorian birth certificate

An adoption of a child finalised in a Hague Convention country, that was facilitated by the Victorian State Central Authority – the Intercountry Adoption Victoria (IAV), can now be registered by the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages Victoria. Once this has happened a birth certificate can be issued in relation to the child, on the application of the adoptive parent(s).

Please note: this application is only for those adoptions processed and facilitated by Intercountry Adoption Victoria.

More information is available in the following documents:

Request more information about this topic.

For more information:

Contact us.